10 Free Internet Marketing Tools

As costs rise and marketing budgets shrink, home business owners are always looking for ways to improve productivity without spending an arm and a leg for it.  So, here’s a ‘quick hit’ post of 10 free resources.  There’s sure to be at least one that can help you with your online marketing.

Kompozer – A Free Open Source HTML Editor.

PDF To Word – Convert PDF to MS Word Files.

Screengrab – Firefox Extension That Makes It Easy To Save a Web-Page As An Image.

Pixlr – The Most Popular Advanced Online Image Editor In The World!

Gimp – Free Image Manipulation Program.

Paint.net – Free Open Source Image Editor.

Cam Studio – Free Video Screen Capture Recorder.

To-Do List – Share With Others a List Of Tasks To Complete, So All Of You Have Access To It.

WebPageTest – Simply Enter a URL To Test The Load Time Of All Elements On That Page.

Browser Shots – Free Online Tool Checks Your Sites Browser Compatibility.

In addition, I wrote a blog post back in 2009 with 10 free tools.  The post is a little dated but I’m sure most are still available and, again, even if you find a just one that will help you in your online business.  Check it out here => More Free Tools

I hope you were able to find a tool or tools that will help you increase your productivity.  If you find one listed that you have already used that has been especially useful to you in your online marketing, please leave a comment below and share how it has helped you.  If you found this post useful, please also make sure to share with your followers.

Make it a Great Day!

To Your Success,

Find more Free Tools and Resources in the Marketing Training Portal

Laura Paulson

Laura is a digital marketer and entrepreneur building assets that spin off passive residual income. She created the Marketing Training Portal with 'Quick Hits' Marketing Tips Blog and Newsletter to help fellow entrepreneurs sort through all the noise and information overload for real-world, actionable tactics and strategies to put into action to accelerate their business growth.

Click Here to Leave a Comment Below

Willena Flewelling - 6 years ago Reply

I know about some of these tools, and others look like they would be very useful. Anything that simplifies or saves time is valuable to me!

Thanks for sharing!

Willena Flewelling
Willena Flewelling ..The Sixth Sense- Doorway to Wisdom

Emma - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,

Wow, I love freebie lists and there are loads of tools I’ve not even heard of here that I can’t wait to check out!

Thank you so much for spending the time to put this list together for us.

All the best,

Emma 🙂
Emma ..Help!

Linda Thomas - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,
Thanks for your list of free tools! I don’t believe that I have used any of these before! And I know I have been in need of an html editor before! I’ll copy these down and let you know how I make out!
Looking forward to visiting again soon!
Linda

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Linda Thomas, Awesome! I hope you find useful. Thanks

Melodie Kantner - 6 years ago Reply

Thanks for sharing this list of tools. I have recently discovered Paint.net but there are several here I have never tried.
Melodie Kantner ..Do Realize The Power In The Social Media Revolution

Willie Robertson - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,

I have heard of some of these tools and use a couple.

It just shows that you don’t have to bust your budget to build an online business, especially in the beginning stages.

I’ll have to check out the ones I don’t yet have.

Thanks for sharing,

Willie
Willie Robertson ..Internet Marketing And The Trust Factor Pt 1

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Willie Robertson, Exactly! There is an abundance of free tools out there. It’s just a matter of discovering what’s available and how best to utilize. Thanks for the comment Willie. Make it a Great Day!

Allegra Sinclair - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,
Free is my favorite price-point! I am now in love with the WebPageTest tool so thanks so much for sharing it. I knew about the PageSpeed extension to Firefox but it is not as simple as I would like. Now that Google considers page speed in their rankings and search results I am looking for quick and easy ways to measure and improve that. Thanks again, Allegra
Allegra Sinclair ..Give People What They Want to Improve Your Blog

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Allegra Sinclair, Oh yeah I love free too 🙂 I’m glad you were able to find something useful. Thanks, Laura

Wendy Hewlett - 6 years ago Reply

Great list of free resources. Many of these are graphic/image editing software, which is right up my alley. I’m playing with GIMP at the moment so I can create a tutorial on creating your own graphics for free. I use Adobe Design Suite to create my graphics, so I am testing out GIMP to see if I can create similar images of equal quality. Having a professional looking blog and coordinated social media sites adds to your online ‘presence’. So I think that getting the most out of these free resources is very important to those just starting out.

Wendy
Wendy Hewlett ..Create Your Own Graphics with PowerPoint

Calli @ Wedding Favors - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,

You are such an angel. I badly need the PDF converter right now and you provided me one. I am downloading it right now. I hope this should help my problem. Do you know of an alternative just in case it won’t work? Thanks Laura.

Regards

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Calli @ Wedding Favors, Cool! You know I don’t know of another one but this one has worked just fine for me so hopefully it will for you too. I did have an issue with a couple pdf’s not converting but other than that, it worked great. If anyone knows of an alternative, I would greatly appreciate if you would share.

Calli @ Wedding Favors - 6 years ago Reply

@LauraPaulson

Sad to say it didn’t work for me because the data on the pdf was from an image. The software says that it cannot find cells to convert into a table or something. So I had to copy and paste them manually.lol Anyway, it was still worth a try. 🙂

Dereck - 6 years ago Reply

Laura,

Sweet list of great tools. I also like using jing. Its a free way to capture up to 5 minutes of footage of your screen for tutorials and what not.

Also, I love referring people to use Gimp. Some people just don’t have software to do custom images and so on.

Thanks, this will help a great number of people!

-Dereck
Dereck ..iWowWe Review – Robust Email Marketing &amp Affordable Web Conferencing

marquita herald - 6 years ago Reply

Great list Laura and I use them all – I especially like Paint since I tend to be rather artsy fartsy about everything I do. Thanks for the information and tips!
marquita herald ..Making a Difference- Tunes 4 the Troops

Chester Delameter - 6 years ago Reply

Laura

Thanks for this list. I copied and saved it for use later. There are so many good free programs out there. I think I can use a few of these.

Have a Great Day
Chester
Chester Delameter ..Is Adultery Worth It

Kevin DeRoo - 6 years ago Reply

Hey Laura,

You have compiled a great list here, I have used most of them in my own business. Got to love Free tools!

My favorite image editor is a cool piece of free downloadable software called Irfanview. You can check it out at irfanview.com!

Thanks for sharing your list Laura!

Kevin
Kevin DeRoo ..iwowwe Video Email Cash Contest!

Rick Salas - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,
Thanks for taking the time to post these resources. I’ve been looking for a couple of these and glad I found your post. Thanks!

Rick Salas
Rick Salas ..Does Your Home Business Opportunity Meeting Give You Credibility? How To Get Credibility In A Work From Home Business

Eldon Beard - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura, I especially recommend the WebPageTest.org link, because it can show you problems that are slowing the load times for your blog or website. Since Google is taking into account how quickly sites load, it’s important to be on top of that. Another good one for testing site load speed that’s pretty simple to understand is tools.pingdom.com
Eldon Beard ..Getting Backlinks to Your MLM Blog

Lynn Jones - 6 years ago Reply

Thank you Laura! Free is always wonderful! I have never heard of most of these. I guess I am in the dark! Not anymore, because you have shared some great free and valuable resources to help us in our business online. I appreciate this so much, as many others do too.
Thank you Laura!
Lynn
Lynn Jones ..Seven Simple Secrets to Help You Eat That Frog!

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Lynn Jones, Hi Lynn. Oh yes, I LOVE free!!! 🙂 Hopefully you were able to find something that you’ll find useful. Make it a Great Day!

Stevie Smith - 6 years ago Reply

Great list! I love Kompozer! The concept of free tools is pretty amazing when you think about it. Without looking any further, wordpress is one major freebie which enables so many of us to earn a living on the internet.

Stevie
Stevie Smith ..A Mother’s Love – Twenty Years In The Life Of An Extraordinary Woman

Rob Wilson - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,

I wasn’t familiar with all of these tools so I appreciate this post. In particular I look forward to checking out Pixlr since I’m always looking for ways to edit images. I use Gimp but I know that I don’t take advantage of all the features on it because some of them are beyond my current understanding. I’ve seen some tutorials to go through so I can further utilize that. Thanks for the post, and I look forward to using the tools – Rob
Rob Wilson ..Don’t keep injuring yourself

Jaden Daniels - 6 years ago Reply

Laura,
Thanks for sharing. I am going to try out two of them. Screengrab and Webpagetest. There are times I have needed to refer back to a webpage when I was offline, and I am always looking for ways to improve my website.

Jaden
Jaden Daniels ..Guest Writer On Positivity

Dewane Mutunga - 6 years ago Reply

Laura,

Thanks for these great tools. Never used any of them before but they sure look helpful. I’ll be checking these out and seeing how the work for me.

Thanks again!
Dewane Mutunga ..5 Proven Ways to Get More Blog Traffic

Allen - 6 years ago Reply

Thanks a lot Laura.
I’ve been using Gimp for a while, it’s awesome software especially for the price of free. 😀
I just checked out Screengrab!, I think I’ll use this more often.
Allen ..Let’s Look at Design Software

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Allen, Hi Allen. I especially list screengrab too – SO simple! Thanks for the comment!

Peter - 6 years ago Reply

Hey Laura,

Thanks for this great post with the great free tools in it. I will defintely try them out.

Greetings,

Peter
Peter ..conference call

Rosemary O'Shaughnessy - 6 years ago Reply

Hi Laura,

A big thank you for taking the time to put this list together. I had not heard of browser shots. All the best Rosemary
Rosemary O’Shaughnessy ..Business Users – WHY You Should Convert your iPhone into a Digital Recording Device While Working On The Go.

Teach Jim - 5 years ago Reply

I always love a list of free tools. You have uncovered several nice tools new to me. Thank you.

On your screen capture tool, CamStudio,I’ve had mixed results. I’ve found Jing and screencast-o-matic.com have produced better results over the long haul.

Thanks I’ll jump out and get to work with these.
Teach Jim ..Change. The only constant.

LauraPaulson Reply:

@Teach Jim, Good deal. I hope you were able to find something useful.

Dr. Robert Doebler - 5 years ago Reply

Anything free, and some paid that can help out with my marketing strategy is very much welcome. Thanks you for sharing this. I could use some additional tools.