Whether you’re publishing content to generate leads, or to raise awareness of your brand, you need to get traffic to your pages. Social media is good for traffic, but it actually makes up only 5-6% of all the web’s referral traffic. On the other hand, search drives 28-29% of the web’s referring traffic to your website so it’s important to also incorporate good SEO strategies.
While search traffic is attractive to content marketers, many are a little intimidated by search engine optimization. Here 5 common but easily fixed SEO mistakes…
1. Your content is hard to read on mobile devices
2. You aren’t using meta title and description tags
3. You aren’t checking your analytics often enough
4. You’re writing more for search engines than for human readers
5. Your keyword targeting is off
Image from blog.scoop.it